Renovating your home is always exciting because it means a fresh and new view of your home. It can also make your home more pleasant to live in and increase its value. However, certain home improvements will provide a higher return on investment than others. One example is a kitchen renovation. Here are some of the benefits that you will get from renovating your kitchen.
There are several things that you can do when renovating your kitchen to improve its overall function. Some examples of this are:
- Adding more cabinets
- Extending your existing cabinets to the ceiling to increase storage space
- Knocking down the wall between the kitchen and the living space for more counter space
- Upgrading your kitchen appliances
- Upgrading the light fixtures
Be More Energy Efficient
Upgrading your older kitchen appliances to more energy efficient models can reduce the amount of energy that your kitchen uses. Take a look at refrigerators and dishwashers with a label that signifies the energy efficiency standards set by the environmental protection agency. Also, replacing the tradition lighting with LED models is a great way to reduce long-term energy use.
Besides upgrading your kitchen appliances to more energy efficient model, there are other ways to create a more sustainable and eco-friendly kitchen environment:
- Install low flow water faucets to reduce your water use
- Use materials that are sustainable such as bamboo, salvaged wood and recycled materials for your cabinets, flooring and countertops.
Update the Look
If you think the design of your kitchen is very old fashioned (think 1970s or 1980s) then it’s time for a change. You can go as little as changing the entire appearance of your kitchen by repainting all the walls and cabinets and upgrading all the hardware. Or you can do a full-on renovation by installing new cabinets, new countertops, new floors, new kitchen appliances and more.
A kitchen renovation can help improve comfort in a variety of ways such as:
- Better ventilation: can help reduce odors and better circulate the heat that cooking in the kitchen produces.
- Installing a kitchen island: provides seating space and can add an additional dining area to your home.
- Adding larger windows: can bring in more natural lighting into the kitchen.
Upgrading any outdated kitchen appliances can help avoid injuries caused by improper function. You can also implement a universal design, like installing a wall oven, to help prevent any injuries caused by physical overexertion.
Improved Home Value
Depending on the extent of your kitchen renovation, you can actually gain back as much as 70 percent of the renovation costs if you ever plan on selling your home. Having a newly renovated kitchen will attract home buyers and make your home a good contender in the competitive housing market.
These are just one of the many benefits that come with renovating your kitchen, guaranteeing it to be good home improvement to invest in.
All credit goes to Envyland Kitchen Cabinet