Your kitchen defines the soul of your home. The look of your kitchen reflects the lifestyle of your family. It is important to do it up well, but a kitchen renovation can take up nearly half of your kitchen budget. You can get lost in the variety of materials, styles, and designs. Don’t worry, you won’t have to deplete your savings to find the best materials. What you need is a good understanding of what you will get for your money.
Identify Your Kitchen Cabinet Needs Before You Choose Your Style
- Kitchen Cabinet Goals: First, think about your culinary lifestyle. How often do you use your kitchen? How much storage do you need? How much space do you have? Once you outline your kitchen goals, you can start thinking of materials and style. Even if you are renovating, you need to consider these points. You are upgrading for a reason. Pin down your needs so you find the right solutions.
- Replacing or Renovating: Next, you need to understand whether you need to replace your cabinets or plan a total renovation. You can’t play with too many options if you are replacing your cabinets. Your new cabinets need to fit into the same space, but you can get greater options if you are planning a new layout to organize better.
- Be Specific: Try not to get in too many opinions from every member of your family while you are discussing cabinet ideas. It might lead to confusion. The one who uses the kitchen most should be able to identify the needs best. The more focused you are, the better you will be able to pinpoint the right style and materials from the wide variety available. Keep in mind how long you will be living in your current home for. If you plan to stay for many years, a good investment will be well worth it. Or else you can keep it functional to build equity.
How to Choose Cabinet Styles and Designs
- Contemporary vs Traditional: Make sure it blends with the rest of your home. You can’t have a modern kitchen in a gothic style home with antique furniture or vice versa. Seek help from an experienced showroom staff if you need help.
- Eco-Friendly Options: Going green in your kitchen gives you unique ideas for updates. There are products made with bamboo, reclaimed wood or wheat board. Don’t swoon about the looks. Be realistic about the budget too.
- Resurfacing: You can refresh your existing cabinets with new wood, laminate veneer or simply replace the doors if the shelves are in good condition. These changes are less expensive and don’t take up a lot of time. Remember these terminologies to make an informed choice:
- Stock Cabinets: These are off-the-shelf, pre-manufactured cabinets with few options for customization with limited stock and size options.
- Semi-Custom Cabinets: They are pre-manufactured too, but offer a wider range of options. You can pick and choose details for a pre-built product.
- Custom Cabinets: These are built to your specifications. They will meet your vision, requirements, and style that you have in mind.
Envyland Kitchen: High-Quality; Wide Variety of Kitchen Cabinets
For a wide variety of high-quality kitchen cabinets in reliable materials at reasonable prices, consider Envyland Kitchen. Since your cabinet doors will be opening and closing several times a day, we make sure your selection is up to the task. Make sure you have the right measurements and set a budget. Then walk through our showroom to check out beautiful, fully installed kitchen cabinets that can help you picture more easily.